Today was Atticus's birthday and he turned 9! He is halfway to moving out of our house and I think it just seems so fast and so crazy! Anyways, in addition to celebrating him, we decided to have a fun lunch out and go to Century Square to play and have a field trip. We loaded up and picked up Sonic and made our way to Century Square. I was surprised again as not many people were out. It was completely easy to just play and eat and keep way more than 6 feet away from people. We didn't wear masks or anything because we were outside. We got there around 11:30 and while a beautiful day, there were NO clouds in the sky. So, it seemed like it got hot fast. The kids ate and played and then we walked around a little and realized Hey Sugar, a candy store was open. I was so surprised, but it was their first day open. Nobody was in there and the door was wide open, so I decided we could just go in and buy some candy. Hazel stayed in the stroller - can't trust that girl. As soon as she would realize there was candy, she'd be opening every container. The kids picked out their favorites and we ate it outside. Then, we took some pictures and played in front of the giant mural. It was just a great day.
One of the highlights, however, was watching Hazel today. When we got dressed, I pulled out Everly's new red boots that I'd bought at Christmas, but kept in the closet until she grew into them. Her others are just about too small. When Hazel (who loves shoes) saw them, she wanted to put them on. So, I grabbed Grace's old pink boots from when she was little and put them on Hazel. Well, Hazel LOVED them and just acted so proud to be wearing them and thought she looked SO good. She pranced around and acted like such a big kid. And, to top it off, her little dress is my new favorite and so so cute! It was a cute day of watching all the kids, but especially Hazel in those boots!
Here are some photos from our day:













No comments:
Post a Comment