Thursday, April 30, 2020

Atticus's 9th Birthday

Our Atticus Vic turned 9 today and we had a Minecraft themed birthday for him! He woke up to a table full of gifts and balloons. We went to Century Square for a lunch outing. He asked for Cheese Enchiladas for dinner and they were SO good - a new recipe from Vic. Then, we had Minecraft themed cake and as usual per lately, Hazel thought it was her birthday. It reassured her when Atticus held her on his lap for us to sing. Poor Atticus had terrible eye allergies that day, but he truly had a good birthday and good time! He got Pandemic, the game (ironic for this time period, huh?), Monopoly, Cheaters Edition (he loves Monopoly and really loves to win, so I bet this helps him - haha!), legos and books and a new Aggie Jersey for Johnny Manziel. It was a great day and I can't believe he is 9!

Atticus - you are our level-headed, smart, helpful, kind son. You take care of your little sisters so well, whether letting Everly sleep with you, getting Hazel snacks and water and carrying her while she snuggles her head onto your neck when she is upset. Even though you and Grace have entered a phase of arguing, when you are happy together, you are the best of friends. You play video games together, pretend together and Grace really loves the attention you give her. You are a great friend to others and care about your friends so much. You have the most sensitive heart: you are physically emotional when someone's dog dies or a person passes away or something (like school getting cancelled) happens that crushes you. You don't like to talk about things that make you remember something sad. You are getting to tall and strong and such a help to me when I need you...which is a lot when I'm trying to take care of the little girls. I love to watch your brain work during homeschool - you easily comprehend new information and you soak up the things you are taught. You have always been this way when learning new things. When you are passionate about something, you go all in with learning about it, reading about it and wanting to talk about it. You really love one-on-one time. I feel like I get the real Atticus then. If you are struggling with your day, then as soon as you are with me by yourself, you are just back to your normal sweet self. You love to have "5 minutes" at the end of the day, although lately you haven't gotten it and I have been appreciative that you haven't made me feel bad about it. You are so sweet to Everly and she loves "her brudder" when you read to her at night before you both go to bed. You love God and you know right from wrong and I am so proud of that. You are respectful to adults and while you will grow through trial and error as you make decisions, you learn from them and I am thankful for that. You are the comedian at school and make everyone laugh all the time. You love to ride bikes, have one-on-one time with me and daddy, try new restaurants, organize things, go fishing in the summer, play video games like Star Wars and Madden NFL and Minecraft. You love to snuggle up when Daddy is out of town, in my bed and watch movies or TV with me. You are getting to big but still my little boy. Your favorite foods are enchiladas, (or any Mexican food), any drink other than water, cookies & cake, yogurt with fruit and granola, you don't love vegetables, but you are really great about eating anything we cook for you. You are a great sleeper and getting to be so responsible. You don't like to lose games or be wrong, but you are a kind friend who everyone loves to be around! We love you!

So to explain the photos below: Before we went to Century Square, we let Atticus open a gift that had a pennant in it and a stuffed chicken. He LOVES chickens and it's his schtick at school - everyone knows he loves chickens and he and his friends laugh and talk about them all the time! So, Grace wanted to buy him a chicken. When he opened it, he yelled "CHEEKAN" and ran around the house. Grace was thrilled. Also, do you notice an error in any of these photos? So, for some reason, I wrote "7" on his cake instead of 9. Why did I do that? I can only imagine that I was decorating away and just didn't think. Isn't that ridiculous? I put 9 candles on the cake, but wrote 7. The funniest part is nobody noticed! Nobody noticed at dinner and I didn't even notice until that night when I went to post pictures on Instagram. I even asked the kids the next day to look at the photos and they still couldn't notice the error. So funny! The rest of the pictures are from the evening of fun!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment