Because the girls and I stayed the rest of the week, we got some really great time with GG & Melbo. First, however, on Friday, I took Every & Grace (Hazel stayed with Grandma) to see Tabatha & Stormy. I hadn't actually seen them in person in a couple of years. Any time we are in Sanger, we usually have a schedule and I don't always get a chance to call them. In fact, I think the last time we saw them was maybe summer 2017? That is terrible, I know.
So, first of all, I should say that I called and asked Stormy if he could sit and Melbo & Pa's house during the funeral service. Apparently, sometimes crooks like to watch the obituaries and during the funeral, when they know that nobody would be at home, they will come rob people's houses. So, just to be safe, we asked Stormy to watch the place and of course, he did. Then, however, I thought since we were staying, we should go see them. They invited us to lunch on Robert & Jenny's back patio on Friday at 12:30. We ended up staying until 5:00! Grace hit it off with Adley right away and Everly mostly played well too. The last hour and a half, they went inside to watch a movie. I got to visit with Tab, Jenny & Shannon and saw Robert & Stormy at the beginning. It was SO wonderful to see Tabatha. Grady is almost 8 months old and I got to love and snuggle with him a little bit. We got all caught up and I even found out that Grady had gotten RSV when he was 6 weeks old, AFTER Stormy & Tab were hit head-on in a car accident on 455 with Grady in the truck with them. It totaled their new truck, but they were all ok, thank goodness. However, they think he might have picked up RSV during the doctor visit after the wreck. They spent 15 days in Cook Children's hospital and 6 of those, Grady was on a ventilator. HOW SCARY! I felt terrible not knowing, but Tabatha and I do not stay caught up on phones or texts, but only when we see each other in person. Anyways, they are also buying land in Cooke County and getting ready to build a new house. It was SO good to see them!
That evening, I took Grace and Hazel over to Melbo & GG's to visit. Grace went to the garden with Melbo and helped her pull some ivy out of the blinds that had grown up too high for Melbo to reach. They fed us nachos for dinner and we just visited. Then on Friday, we went back there for the day to help GG clean up her scrapbook room. She had been going through stuff for awhile to decrease her stash and was getting organized. But, I was able to help her by hauling stuff to her car and just put things away where she needed them. We worked hard that day, and I left her to work on some stuff that evening. It was a good day of visiting and seeing them and I love a project. Melbo crocheted some headbands for Grace's doll. And she made me another dishrag. She said she had stayed up the night before watching a movie and crocheting until 2am. She said Pa would have had a fit if he was here for that. I laughed because in a way, she can do whatever she wants now that Pa is gone. I know she'd rather have him here. But, right after he passed, Melbo asked GG what she was going to do now that Pa was gone because her job had been to just take care of Pa all the time and spend all of there time with him. GG said they were going to travel. They were going to come to College Station to see us and go to Quanah to see Melveeta. So, I'm definitely looking forward to that. My plan, because I wanted to see GG's scrapbook room complete, was to come back on Sunday morning. So, Sunday morning, I came back without any kids and we finished that room. It looks SO good! We put away every little thing and GG only has about 3 boxes of stuff (that are on a shelf) to go through. Otherwise, we vacuumed and she ready to scrap! GG doesn't mind scrapping with lots of stuff around her while I need clean spaces. But, she did need just a little help getting it setup. So, she is set now!
I hugged them bye and loaded up my sourdough rolls and bread and plants (including an Ivy called Thelma that June McSween gave her that came from her MIL I think? funny how Ivy lasts forever) and all kinds of things that they sent me home with.
I went back to the house to visit with Dad for awhile because he had worked all week that wasn't funeral related and went to bed early each night I got home. I know he was tired, but I was hoping to visit. Well, I don't know if he was mad at me or what, but he didn't visit. He had taken the girls out to the goat pen earlier when I was gone and gave me some photos. But, I really didn't know what I did. Maybe I didn't do anything, but it hurt my feelings. And again, I can only write that because nobody will ever read this, at least not anytime soon.
It was a long week and I am tired tonight. But, I wanted to get my memories down now. It is such a specific point in time for our family: when Pa died. I am thankful for my wonderful family who I love so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment