So, I got busy and totally lucky and found a dress at Kid to Kid. I made her hat out of a plastic bowl, some floral styrofoam, fabrics, hot glue and fruit. We added some wings from the dress up box to the back of her dress and she made the cutest fruit fly I ever did see!
So, the plan for their musicals is for them to have a "dress rehearsal" and perform for the school during the day and then perform again that night or the next night for family and friends. So, on Wednesday, Grace performed at school. She was so excited but also nervous. But, I picked her up from school and she said it went great. But, by the time we got home, she was telling me she was cold and had been cold all day at school. Then, something about her made me feel her forehead and I realized she was burning up with fever. She was supposed to go to swim at 4:30 so I had a babysitter coming at 4 anyways. So, I cancelled swim and we headed to the urgent care center around the corner from our house. I was thinking it might be strep, because she had also mentioned her throat hurting that morning. Also, Ana had been here this past weekend and had gone home and realized she also had strep. PLUS, strep and flu were going around.
This was a different urgent care than we'd been to before. Scott & White's urgent care can be SO slow. But, this was St. Joseph's and someone had told me they were great. Well, it was so great! We got there, filled out paperwork and they told us we could leave and that it would be an hour and a half before they could see us, but they would text us. So, really we could have gone back home and waited for the text and then gone back to the doctor. But, since I had a sitter anyways, Grace and I did her homework in the car, went and got a snack (she was feeling better on Tylenol at the moment), and had some Mommy & Grace time in the car. They finally texted us and although it was still about another hour and 15 minutes before we got out of their, we came away with a strep diagnosis. And the entire experience was just so good!
For strep, they said she had to be at home 48 hours after antibiotics started. This meant no school on Thursday or Friday. And her performance was Thursday night. Of course, I couldn't take her if she had fever and didn't want to spread this to anyone. So, I decided we'd just see how it went Thursday. Well, that girl felt great all day; had no fever; and did not feel sick. I was SO excited and even though she was technically still contagious, I decided we'd go. She'd been on antibiotics almost 24 hours and technically had already exposed everyone the day before.
Vic and I decided that I would go with Grace and Everly and he would stay home with the others. At Christmas, we got to the performance for Atticus and there was no place left to sit so we had to stand in the back where we couldn't really see. And, the little girls were not lasting. So, on that night, I stayed to watch with Grace and Vic took the little girls home in the stroller. So, this time, he decided he'd stay home. This meant that we could go really early to get seats and I could see her perform.
The play was so cute and she did SO good on her speaking part. She was happy and dancing and her favorite song, Firefly, came on. The lights go out and they sing while holding flashlights to shine. When the song was over, I could tell something was wrong. She was looking sad and I started to worry that she wasn't feeling good. They had a couple of songs to go, so I just waited and hoped she wouldn't throw up or something on stage. The play ended and she came down and at first was so sad because during her favorite song, she said her flashlight didn't work. She was so worried that every one would notice hers didn't work (even though I assured her its as pitch black and we couldn't see that hers wasn't working) and was just so sad. It only took a couple of minutes for her to perk up because everyone wanted her photo with her friends. I also think she was tired and technically still sick. But, she did a wonderful job and was the cutest Fruit Fly I ever saw. Even her music teacher told us that her costume was her favorite and kept calling her "my little fruit fly". Oh Grace! She did so good and I was so very proud of her.
Then, she got to stay home again the next day, even though she felt great. So, having two days of Grace at home was an extra plus!
This was us in the waiting room at the doctors office - doesn't even look like she's sick!











No comments:
Post a Comment