That evening, after we got all 5 kids to bed, the 4 adults stayed up to visit and it was so much fun! We played Uno and just caught up on life. It is the most fun to be with Ana and Charley. I wish so much that we lived close to them.
On Saturday, we all went to Atticus's basketball game to watch him. This is where my parenting style with the little girls gets more strict sometimes. So, generally, only Vic or I will take Atticus to his game. It's definitely harder to keep Everly & Hazel entertained for that hour, so bringing the entire family is more work. But, we have done it, although Vic doesn't love it. I think we have had 1 game this season, other than Ana & Charley's, with the entire family. And I do not like to miss games, so I've only missed one time when I took Grace to her cheer camp and one time when we were out for MLK. I hate to miss the kids doing anything!
When Vic took the middle girls to Orange Grove one weekend for a funeral, I kept Atticus & Hazel because Atticus had a game. Well, at the game, I just put Hazel in the stroller, gave her a snack and she was just fine. When she got bored, she just had to deal with it. But, when Vic comes to games, he is much nicer and as soon as she gets bored or noisy (although the game is so noisy, so it's no big deal), he will let her out or hold her or carry her around. And while that is very nice, it is much harder to get her back into the stroller or make her sit still the rest of the game. So, I just let kids fuss until they get over it, because I want to avoid as much fighting with kids who don't understand things, as much as possible. And, I want to watch Atticus play the game. So, my thoughts are that everyone put the game as the priority and the kids will be just fine. But, as I said, Vic is nicer and is ok with missing part of the game to make Hazel happy. I sound really mean, right? Anyways, the reason I'm mentioning this is because Ana and Charley and Vic spent way more time walking Hazel & Norah around outside the gym than actually watching Atticus play. I felt bad for them, although Atticus did not notice. He just wanted to score so much in front of them, and play well in front of them, so I had been so excited to have family in town to watch him, since that rarely happens. But, that was ok and I think everyone was fine.
The game was at 11am, so we headed back home and then I took Atticus to Lane's birthday party. And, a fun surprise at Lane's party was the Cecilia end her kids came! Then, headed back for the next part of the weekend.
So, they came in with the plan to go to the wedding on Saturday afternoon around 4pm and then come back later that night. They were leaving Norah with us. Well, Norah was not quite ready to be away from them. But, thankfully she is used to daycare and other people, and we had Grace as our secret weapon. So, they left, and she cried and cried on the front porch. Then, she dried her tears and gave us no-expression looks for the next hour or so. She only wanted me to hold her, which I loved so much because I was finally getting to snuggle her, and she was not sure of anything else going on. We took her and all the kids on a big walk. We let her and Hazel out of the wagon when we were almost home. And, that is when she finally started warming up. She walked, ran, played and had so much fun outside. Then, once inside, she was warmed up and just played and laughed and was great! She ate her dinner, and then I thought it would be so fun to take a bath with all 4 girls. Well, she was NOT a fan of that. She cried right away, so I washed her quick and got her out and she got so sweet and silly again. Her bedtime was around 7:30, so off she went and was fast asleep. So, while we only got 3.5 hours of Norah only time, it was very special! I anticipate many more weekends with Norah as she gets bigger and bigger!
Ana & Charley came back late that night and then they all left around lunchtime the next day. It was a great weekend!















No comments:
Post a Comment