Okay, so I don't know what day to call this. I would say that our family has been mostly inside the house, with the exception of Vic going to work and grocery store trips for 12 days now, and I don't think we even had a case until about 10 or so days ago in Brazos County. But, we've been out of school for two weeks, so I guess I will say we are on day 19 just to give a date.
Since I last posted, the US is up to 142,000 cases and 2400 deaths. Joe Diffie, a country singer, just died today. It is not good. Right now, they think we won't hit our peak of cases/deaths/hospital stays for two more weeks. So, President Trump has extended the "Stay-at-home" policy until April 30th. So, of course that means on school until then, at least. We are still staying home, but getting to take walks, ride bikes, Vic goes to work, target curbside pick-ups, grocery store trips, and we even took bluebonnet pictures today. So, we are handling social distancing well. We talk to neighbors at a 6 foot distance and the kids have been riding bikes with some friends a couple of times.
It's just such an unknown. It could take two weeks before you know you have it, but unless the 6 of us truly never leave the house, and maybe if we did curbside grocery pickup and Vic didn't go into the store, for 14 total days, could we actually know we haven't been exposed. I feel like we haven't and we are all healthy, but it's just hard to know what to expect. So, I just pray and find peace in the Lord that he will show us what to do as we go through this.
This past week of school was good. We started out strong and everyone has been good. Atticus is still super helpful and Grace has been wanting to play with Everly more the past two days. The past two days, however, (this weekend) Atticus has been a little crankier. I don't know if our honeymoon phase of not going to school is over, or if he's just tired from staying up late to watch movies two nights in a row. But, overall it's good.
I am trying to figure out our school routine. This past week, we had e-learning packets provided, so we did those in addition to some workbooks I bought for the kids and in addition to the websites like Epik for Reading and Prodigy for Math. On Wednesday, I decided that I would spend the two hours of Hazels' nap doing Grace's schoolwork with her and let Atticus do just the computer stuff then. On Thursday, we switched. Then, on Friday we didn't do ANY school work. We just made cookies for "science" and quickly talked about liquidations, solids, and gas. We also picked up a family dinner from Roadhouse that night! Oh and then we watched Cool Runnings on Disney+.
On Saturday, it occurred to me that I could actually get some schoolwork done with the kids while Vic was home to help watch the girls. So, for about 5 hours, we did school work. I did a couple with each of the kids one-on-one and then we did a science activity and art activity together. That was really nice because I felt like we caught up from the week before and can start this week fresh. I think I will just keep tweaking our schedule and plans and by the time I get them down, we will be back in school. haha! Oh and then Saturday night, we watched Jumanji (the new one).
I have just started having them write some journal entries. I think these will be fun to look back on years from now. Otherwise, we will just stay on track the best we can. CSISD is not putting any pressure on us to complete a certain amount of work, but they are providing stuff, so I feel like we should do it. I keep thinking if we just do a little math, a little reading and a little writing everyday, we should be ok. But, art and music and exercise are something all the kids can do and is fun. So, I am going to try to squeeze those things in too. Plus, some down time and chores and playtime. Believe it or not, with 4 different ages (and 2 that are too little to understand school requirements), it's tough. OH! And then, there are all of these Zoom meetings. Zoom is an on-line meeting website and its great. But, we've had zoom for dance, zoom for teacher stuff, and zoom for friends. Fun, but I like not having a schedule and these are at certain times. So, we have to stick with those.
Otherwise, all is good. I'll keep updating. In the meantime, here's some photos of what's been happening this past week.



















No comments:
Post a Comment